6.24.2009

Then it goes deeper...

This is the second part to the post below, detailing some deep thoughts, and heavy conversation we had on the porch, today. It involves, The Rose, God/dess, spirituality, and different views.


Luiz got done stretching the canvas, and somehow missed me doing these two cards. He asked me to pull them out again, so we could talk about it. I pulled the Ace of Pents again, and he helped me form more ideas about it. Then, on impulse, I pulled all the Aces from the deck, and laid them out in a square. I said "It feels good to look at these Aces, all together, like this. It reminds me that all our gifts are from the Goddess. All of these are in her realm, and hers to give." He looked at me askance.

Seeing all the elements emerge from the center of the rose, what a wonderful visual trigger. To me, the rose has always equalled Goddess, even as a child, before I had a name for Her. I never felt safer than when I was sitting on the grass in my mother's rose garden. I've never felt more nurtured and cared for, then when I was at my grandmother's side, carefully making the rose hips into tea, or jam. I have never felt more loved, and cherished, then when first my father, then my husband presented me with gifts of roses. Roses on my birthdays, roses when I was in the hospital giving birth to my son, roses for passion. Roses, from my earliest consciousness have always had something to do with Mother/Daughter/Lover.

Luiz, in the past year, has been on a spiritual journey. In a nutshell (and, he can go into detail about this on his blog, in fact, I think he should...) he's moved from strict, conservative Christian fundamentalist background, to, well, who knows, because he's not there yet. He's learning, and reaching, and has broken out of that, and trying every day to leave that behind. He longs for structure, leans heavily on patriarchial ideas, thinks of God/dess in highly specialized gender roles.


He views them in some sort of hierarchy that I couldn't begin to guess at, but leaves Goddess as a "sister" figure, to man, and God as THE FATHER. That, like, denigrates everything I believe in. I'd be lying if I said it didn't offend me somewhat. It might have to do with his presentation of his ideas, and how he packages then. On the other hand, I must remind myself that he has come a very long way just recognizing that GOD THE FATHER of his past, and who he emulates has a feminine side.

I won't discredit or brush his notions off, but I felt like he had a longass way to go in recognizing the equality, and the balance, and what the Divine Union really means. That everything is in the realm of the Goddess. Everything is also in the realm of the God. He's got very structured, very hierarchial roles in mind. I don't normally argue with people's notions of divinity, but even he admits it, he's not really experienced, or learned about all the aspects of the feminine. He comes from a lifetime of opression, being told "cower at the father's feet, fear HIM, fear displeasing HIM, you are human, made of dust, nothing in HIS mighty presence". Which is...er, cough, bullshit. I could do another huge blog entry on the many levels of bullshit that statement is.

Either way, those four Aces, laid out like that, not only filled me with such joy, and reminded me that all gifts are from our great Mother, but it opened up a huge spiritual discussion between Luiz and I. I feel better knowing how he looks at things, and that maybe he'll broaden his experiences more, to form a more educated, world-view, opinion. Because that's really all I ever ask of anyone. Form your own opinions, please, do not follow what I do, it's my path. Just learn. Expose yourself to cultures from every Aeon, from every corner of the Earth, then come exchange ideas about the God, the Goddess, earth, air, fire, water, the divine union, and everything therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment