6.19.2009

Getting to know Sacred Rose -really-

I've been thinking about this post since last night, and throughout this morning. It's something I've been procrastinating about, in fact.



I tried doing it "by the book". Like I said, I was away from Tarot for a bit, and the Sacred Rose was my first new deck since my hiatus, so with that, I said "Lisa, you've got to really dedicate yourself to this, and journal, and research and meditate." So, I tried, I really did. I floundered. Who's kidding who? I suck at rigid. I suck at by the book. I journal well, as long as it's in a freeform stream of consciousness kind of way. I lose at lists and bullet points. I figured I better just clear this up now, before I harsh my chi, and lay the deck and the blog aside for a long time. I'm flighty that way, it doesn't take much for me to put myself off of something.

So last night, I grabbed her, and started reading with her. This is one of the most intuitive decks that I have. In the new deck spread, the card that came out that represents the Sacred Rose is The Magician.

I spent a lot of time just flipping cards, we were walking through the Universe last night, and I learned a great deal about the deck, that no amount of rigid journaling will ever teach me. She has professed her will to work with me, and replace one of my most well used decks, for awhile. I've laid aside the Robin Wood, as my working deck, and picked up Miss Rose. Yes, it's very feminine, mystical, magical, laden with secrets, sometimes she has a confusing way. She has a wry sense of humor, and she's a bit overbearing, and apparently does not take well to being rigidly cataloged. Well and so.

Here's to a long, crazy, working relationship with The Sacred Rose Tarot.

I'm going to hide the posts down there, of my earnest attempts at journaling, so as not to confuse myself, later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment