6.22.2009

Illuminating

It's so late, but my mind is tick tick tick ticking. I should drink small, intense doses of caffeine more often, at night. But, for practicality's sake, it should not be a Sunday night...



I had a whole evening with friends, and the cards, tonight. It was an effervescent evening, good food, lots of laughs, and some amazing readings. I read for these folks, a lot. It's become just a normal event, every time we hang out, it gets conversation flowing, and helps us relate to each other better, on a friendship level. Of course, we learn a lot about each other, as well.



I've been reading for other people, in various ways, with different forms of divination, for years. To this day, (literally) I still have moments that shock and amaze me. We were playing sort of a game, with the cards, today "what question is in my head? Pull a card an answer it" I use that method for privacy, too. Tonight, it was more lighthearted. Suzanne asked me to draw a card, for a question she was holding in her mind. I shut out all the room-chatter, and formed a bridge from my third-eye chakra, to hers, it was so "there" I could almost see it as an indigo...er, haze, no that's not right, thread isn't quite right either. Bridge will have to do. An arc of violet-indigo-energy...anyway, I did that, then drew the card. I pulled the Hanged Man, and said "Wait. That's all I have to tell you, just wait around, and think on it."


Her question? "Should we get going, and let Lisa and Irv get some sleep?" We were all comfortable and cozy, great conversation, good food, and coffee...no one really wanted to budge. who cared that it was edging on midnight. It was cute, the card showed her that we really meant that, and weren't just being polite.


Usually, when I sit with a querant, I try to get our energies on the same page, swirling and harmonizing them. Sometimes, it's like trying to jockey a team of wild horses. Some people just bring all manner of zingy, all over the place, energy. I've never outright tried to hop over and bridge to them, I've never thought of it, never tried it. I can see that it might expose me to all manner of good or bad mojo. I can also see it being exceptionally draining, if done too often in a short time. I wouldn't try it with someone I didn't trust inherently, nor would I use it for much else besides reading for them. It does get me thinking about myriad possibilites, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment