6.27.2009

A reading, this afternoon

In about three hours, I'm going to read for my first "appointment". I've read for friends, friends of friends, family, my mom's friends, myself...I am about to read for a sort-of aquaintance, friend of a friend type. She contacted me earlier in the week, asking for a reading. Of course I said yes, that next time we were all together at a mutual friend's house, I would. She was like "No, I really need one, soon. I'll come to you. I'll PAY you." So she's coming here at 2, today. It feels like a small step into pro-reading. As the circle grows ever wider, I feel more comfortable with the idea of paying me. I put a lot of love and effort in, when I read for other people.

I plan on figuring out her soul card, for her, along with the reading. I'm not sure which deck to use. Sacred Rose has been good to me, so far, but it's still new-ish. Reading for a new person makes me nervous, reading with a relatively new deck makes me nervous. I suppose I could put out a few, and let her choose. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I've been cleaning the house since yesterday, not necessarily for my guest, but because it was due. It's not exactly done, but the corners are cleaned, all the dirt and fingerprints are gone and the laundry is done, and everything is overall bright and shiny. I think that's important, to the energy. I know, if I went to someone's house for a reading, and it was a chaotic mess, I would feel ill-at-ease.

Either way, it will be pleasant. I baked lemon cookies, and will be making a pitcher of some kind of iced tea. Maybe black tea with mint, or green tea with lemon verbena, depending on what's going on in the herb garden. I'm looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment