1.15.2009

Amazon letting me track my orders is both a blessing and a curse. I love knowing where my stuff is, but when I see that it's in Keyport, my local post office, I get all frantic. I know my mailman's habits, in this neighborhood, like I know my own, so I get a little loony. He pulls up around 11, and parks in front of my house. He grabs half his stuff, and shoots across the street, and down a side road. He comes back after about 20 minutes, grabs some more stuff, and does my street. I am always last, he does my house as he's getting ready to leave, which is almost always at 12:05ish. Fucking crazy, right? If I told him this, he would probably think I was crazy. He might anyway, I've met him in the yard before, as he was walking up the steps. If I have boxes, he takes them off the truck last... Today, I got home from work around 20 after 11, and I expected to see him there, halfway through his delivery. NO! No truck... So, maybe he was early....NO! I sigh, go inside, and try to remain patient.

He got here at 11:45, and did his thing. I was hanging out by the kitchen window, watching his every move...half the stuff, down the block, come back (OH MY GOD I KNOW MY BOX IS IN THERE JUST GIVE IT TO MEAAAGGHGHHHhhhhhhhh..remain calm, remain calm...) I am worse than a kid on Christmas. Why am I freaking out? I just got three of the things that I think will change and improve how I read the cards FOREVER. The Druidcraft deck, Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack, and Understanding the Court Cards by Mary K Greer.

By the way, Rachel Pollack and Mary Greer are like goddesses, to me. They are gentle, wise, and wonderful women, and they have taken me by the hand and heart, and led me down the path of the Tarot in ways I could never imagine. It is to both of them, that I owe boundless growth, and interpreting the tarot, instead of the rote memorization I'd been stuck in. Because of these two authors, I have REALLY learned to read the cards, and indoctrinate them into my life on all levels. I can't even express the gratitude that I have for their writings, and wisdom.

Back on track...I open the Druidcraft deck, and realize that this is the One. The Where Have You Been All My Life deck. Hell, it even has a picture of ME in it (look at the Queen of Pentacles, that's me, red hair, belly, and all.) More than any other deck, I just wanted to spend hours sifitng and poring over these. As soon as I opened them, and soaked in the imagery, three readings popped into my mind, insistant, nagging. I have to do these, this is the deck, this is the right way.

Oh man, today is so great. It feels like my birthday.

All in all, I spent a good chunk of change on cards, bags, and books, and these will be the last ones I get for a long time. I have 9 decks, now, all together, and I feel like this is the one I was waiting for. I can safely say that I am not interested in picking any more up. Honestly, I feel like I want to give away a few of my existing ones. Thoth, Universal RWS, Druidcraft are all I need. The others feel like novelties, by comparison. Now, I just have to get the bag situation sorted out, and try to kick that little habit...

Of course, I can't just dive right in, I have all sorts of things that will keep me out of the house for the next 6 or so hours. I'm practically vibrating with energy, and the need to dive into my cards, and read read read. At least I can bring my books with me, to the bowling alley, and read while I cheer The Boy on.

No comments:

Post a Comment