3.25.2009

Reading, and then Psychology

When I first really started reading for others, I would just read the card (albiet, not well...). As I got better, if I were close to my querant, I would read and offer advice on the subject, blended into the reading.

Lately, I've gone back to just reading, but if I am close to the person, or if I feel invested in the situation (outside of just reading about it), I'll read the card for what it is. I'll spend extra time, drawing inferences and correlations from the card to whatever the situation is, then look to the card for a little insight. I'll say something like "We're looking at the Page of Swords, here, and here it means: ________. May I offer my opinion about that?" then, with permission, I'll go on to add my personal two cents. And by my two cents, it could be as simple as "Just relax, everything is falling into place, here." I hate complicating things.

So far, it seems like a good deal. I'm everyone's mama anyway, without the cards, people come to me for advice. When we get the cards involved (as I almost always do), it just gives me structure.

Of course, all this goes out the window, if I'm reading for strangers, or aquaintances.

No comments:

Post a Comment