3.19.2009

New Decks

When I started embracing Tarot, more seriously, I had two decks. One I used, and one I admired from afar.

Then I bought the third deck on a whim...and now we're sitting at right around 14. Each deck was a spontaneous thing, something about it said "you must have this" whether it was a card (Bohemian Gothic) or a style (Universal Fantasy) or a rumor of awesomeness (as in the Druidcraft). At first I thought I was getting a little nuts, a little greedy, but the more time I spend flicking back and forth between decks, really appreciating the very individual natures, all the differing symbolism each new style brings to the table, the better I get. The more I know, the better I can appreciate the Tarot, in general. Since I've left the crutch of traditional symbolism, I can read more intuitively, and that's when my readings really soar.

Some decks, I still can't fully appreciate. Some are just downright lame. Some are a little over my head, yet, and surpisingly, I'm finding some to be kind of a bore, anymore. The more I collect, though, the more I can really judge these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment