7.26.2010

This feather

I haven't been posting here much.  I seem to be taking an unscheduled unofficial break from the cards, though that might change today.

As I was walking into work this morning, I noticed a feather.  It's a perfect long black feather, with a white stem-thing.  Perfect condition.  The fact that I even noticed it was something, because I'm very groggy this morning, sort of bouncing back from a severe allergy attack and a benadryl hangover.  So, I noticed it, but didn't pick it up.  Where would I have put it, while I was on the panel?  The feather was there still, when I got out, as though it were waiting for me.  Dozens of people have walked by this glossy beautiful thing, laying right in the sidewalk, and it hasn't moved an inch, or gotten damaged.  At first, I went "hmmph, cool" and walked on by.  Then, I realized...that's a FEATHER and it's there for ME.  I almost walked by this gift of air.  I could feel the latent magic in it, as soon as I picked it up.  There was a slight breeze, and the feather was catching the current, jumping and twitching and wanting to leap out of my grasp, I could feel the light energy of a bird in flight coursing up my arm.  All of a sudden the world got fresher, brighter, and more...I don't know, airy.  I noticed the crystal blue sky, with nothing but one silvery plane low-ish overhead glittering in the sun.  I noticed the sun, warming but not hot.  I noticed the breeze, which was a mild breath, at first, but now an honest-to-god wooshy breeze swirling through my feather.  My gift. I contemplated it, and why I found it for the short trip home.  At home, walking through my yard, I noticed birds chirping riotously, and the alternating tinkle and low bonngging of the windchimes in the yard.  It's like, after that storm yesterday, the heat broke, and the world came back to life.  There's so much energy in this feather. I placed it on my altar shelf, it's here for a reason, and not just to help me appreciate a fine Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment